For today's post I welcome Amy from Baking and Mistaking. I was honored when she asked me to do a guest post over at her blog and was so excited when she also offered to share one of her awesome recipes over here at Dulce Dough. Take it away Amy!
Hey there – I’m Amy from Baking and Mistaking. If it wasn’t obvious from the name – I bake, and I drop things, measure wrong and forget ingredients. Regularly.
I’m honored to be posting over here at Dulce Dough, so I figured it was a good idea to share something that was definitely not a mistake. And these oatmeal raisin muffins definitely fit the bill. After all the sugar and butter and eggs I throw around the kitchen, I sometimes like to get a little bit healthy. I said a little bit. These muffins are chock-full of things like oats, wheat germ, whole wheat flour and raisins. I mean, they are a fruit.
These make a fun and quick breakfast, as well as an anytime treat. I froze a batch of them and defrost in the microwave for a little over a minute on half power. Perfect!
DetailsPrep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 12 muffins
Oatmeal Raisin Muffins
Healthy muffins for a quick breakfast or an anytime treat.
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup milk or buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1/4 cup applesauce or apple butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
1. Cover the raisins with hot or boiling water and set aside.2. Mix together the oats, wheat germ, flours, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.3. Stir in the sugar. Add the orange juice, milk, vanilla, eggs, applesauce, and oil. Stir until just combined.4. Drain the raisins, add to the mix, and stir briefly.5. Divide the batter among 12 paper lined cases.6. Bake on 400°F for 15 to 20 minutes, until they spring back when gently pressed.