DetailsPrep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 8 servings
Strawberry Rhubarb Cookie Crumble
An easy crumble recipe using a sugar cookie mix.
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 3 cups thinly sliced fresh rhubarb
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and spray 2-quart glass baking dish with cooking spray. 2. Mix 1/2 cup of the cookie mix and 1/2 cup sugar in a small bowl.3. In a large bowl toss together strawberries and rhubarb then sprinkle the sugar and cookie mix mixture over the strawberries and rhubarb and gently toss until well coated. Put fruit mixture into baking dish.4. In a medium bowl, mix together the remaining cookie mix and cinnamon. Cut the butter into the cookie mixture using a pastry blender or fork until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over fruit.5. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the topping is lightly browned and the fruit is bubbly. 6. Serve warm or at room temperature. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream if desired.