This almond sheet cake topped with strawberries and blueberries is the perfect way to celebrate the 4th of July. Because it is a sheet cake, it is a nice cake to take to a potluck or picnic. I personally love almond flavor and think it pairs wonderfully with the flavors of the berries.
We plan to celebrate by watching our town’s 4th of July parade, a enjoying cookout, and of course watching fireworks. How will you celebrate the 4th? I hope you have a very Happy 4th of July!
Patriotic Almond Sheet Cake
A versatile, almond-flavored sheet cake that is perfect for 4th of July celebrations.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- blueberries and strawberries (if desired)
1. Spray a 10x15x1 inch baking pan with cooking spray and preheat the oven to 375°F.2. In a large saucepan, bring 1 cup butter and water to a boil, then immediately remove from heat.3. Stir in flour, sugar, eggs, sour cream, 1 teaspoon almond extract, salt, and baking soda until mixture is smooth.4. Spread batter into prepared pan and bake at 375°F for about 20 minutes, or until cake tests done.5. Cool cake for about 30 minutes before frosting.6. To make frosting, bring 1/2 cup butter and milk to a boil in a saucepan then immediately remove from heat.7. Mix in confectioners' sugar and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract until smooth then spread frosting over warm cake.8. Decorate cake with blueberries and strawberries, if desired.
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 10x15x1 inch sheet cake