Happy Mother’s Day! I hope all mothers are enjoying the weekend and their special day. These easy-to-make Raspberry Shortbread Thumbprint Cookies are a nice dessert for Mother’s Day or any day. They are flavored with almond extract which gives them a wonderful flavor to compliment the raspberry jam or the jam of your choice.
To keep the size of these cookies uniform, I used a small cookie scoop to aid in forming the dough. And instead of using my thumb to make an imprint for the jam, I used the cap of my almond extract bottle. I also spooned the jam into a plastic baggie, cut off the corner, and then used it like a pastry bag to fill the cookies with jam. I cannot take credit for coming up with any of these ideas—they were all ideas that people had posted in their reviews of these cookies at allrecipes.com.
DetailsPrep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 3 1/2 dozen
Raspberry Almond Shortbread Thumbprint Cookies
Buttery almond shortbread cookies filled with raspberry jam and drizzled with almond glaze.
- 1 cup butter
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 -2 teaspoons milk
1. Beat together butter, sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract in a large bowl until light and fluffy.2. Gradually mix in flour until combined.3. Heat oven to 350°F.4. Use a small cookie scoop to measure dough; roll dough into 1- inch balls.5. Place dough balls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.6. Using your thumb or a small cap, make an indention in the center of each cookie.7. Fill each indention with about 1/4 teaspoon of jam.8. Bake for 14 - 16 minutes or until the bottoms of the cookies are very lightly browned.9. Allow cookies to cool for about a minute on the cookie sheet, then move to a cookie rack to cool completely.10. To make the glaze, combine confectioners' sugar, almond extract, and milk in small bowl, adding the milk gradually until the desired consistency is achieved; drizzle over cooled cookies.
Recipe adapted from allrecipes.com and Land-O-Lakes.