It is no secret how much I adore bundt cakes. This Blueberry Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze is another simple bundt cake recipe, and it is perfect for summer. The best way to describe this cake is that it is like a big, beautiful blueberry muffin—moist and full of blueberries. Have a slice for dessert, breakfast, or anytime.
I hope you are enjoying your summer! I have been busy with vacation, guests, and my kids. I am baking less than I usually do, so I am not posting as often. I am also playing catch-up again with comments and with the blogs I follow. But I will catch up!
DetailsPrep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 1 bundt cake
Blueberry Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze
Bundt cake filled with blueberries and topped with a lemon glaze.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, rinsed
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350°.2. Combine the flour, baking powder, soda, and salt in a bowl and set aside. 3. In another bowl cream together the the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.4. Beat in the eggs one at a time, beating after adding each; beat in vanilla.5. Mix in the flour mixture alternating it with the sour cream; fold in the blueberries.6. Spray or grease bundt pan and add batter; bake for 50 - 60 minutes or when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.7. Allow cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and allow to cool completely before adding glaze.8. To make glaze, add lemon juice a little bit at a time to the confectioners' sugar and mix until the desired consistency to pour over cake.
Recipe adapted from About.com.
Linked to: Favorite Cake Recipes